Download Our Thermal Label Flyer
Thermal Transfer Labels
Thermal transfer labels are a type of label that uses a heat-sensitive ribbon to transfer ink onto the label material. The ribbon is placed between the label material and the printhead, which heats up and melts the ink, transferring it onto the label.
Thermal transfer labels are used by a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, logistics, healthcare, and retail. They are particularly useful for businesses that require durable, high-quality labels that can withstand harsh environments and handling.
Pros and Cons of Thermal Transfer Labels
Some benefits of thermal transfer labels include:
- Durability: Thermal transfer labels are highly durable and resistant to fading, smudging, and abrasion, making them ideal for use in challenging environments.
- High-quality printing: Thermal transfer labels offer high-quality printing capabilities, with the ability to produce clear, sharp images and barcodes.
- Versatility: Thermal transfer labels can be used on a wide range of label materials, including paper, synthetic materials, and films.
Drawbacks of thermal transfer labels include:
- Cost: Thermal transfer labels can be more expensive than other types of labels, particularly for high-volume printing jobs.
- Equipment requirements: Thermal transfer labels require specialized equipment, including a thermal transfer printer and ribbon, which can be a significant investment for businesses.
- Ribbon management: Thermal transfer labels require careful management of the ribbon supply, including changing the ribbon and ensuring that it is properly aligned with the label material.
We Can Help!
With years of label design and production experience we are here to help you make the best choice for your label needs and applications. Contact us today!